Monday, May 13, 2013

Only the Very Best

BS"D
Dearest Dubrawsky Family,                                             

The form was broken when Hashem created Rabbi Lipa Dubrawsky zt"l.  There is no other like my Rav in Vancouver who I was blessed to meet in 1998 in the old Chabad House on a Wednesday night.  His appearance struck me immediately.  This person is the real deal, a true person, an authentic Rabbi.  It still seems completely unreal to me that he is gone.  

Within a very short time of meeting Rabbi Dubrawsky, he suggested I come to their Home for a Shabbos meal.  Invitations of this nature are rare in the secular world, sometimes taking years of friendship or being next-door neighbours to come by.  But one quickly gets up to speed when Dena warmly calls to make plans with you.  That first night at the Dubrawsky table changed my life forever.  The Kiddush ceremony over sweet wine sparked a light in me that has endured.  

My friend and mentor, Rabbi Dubrawsky would always implore to me that I "deserved only the very best".  Willing me to expect more from my relationships and life.  He was a unique person, who exemplified the axiom "words spoken from the heart penetrate the heart". And when I moved to Toronto and then New York I was able to hang on, and continue to feel connected with, "we never say goodbye".  

In fact it is clear that Hashem only takes from us the Very Best.  The world has lost a righteous Jew.  His space in this world will remain empty, our hearts are broken. May we find divine assistance in our efforts of teshuvah, so we may see the arrival of Moshiach now. 

With love,
Jane Fischbein



No comments:

Post a Comment