Wednesday, May 29, 2013


Hi Dena,
Shimon and I have tried phoning a few times, but leaving a message seems completely inappropriate. We wanted you to know how deeply sorry we are for your loss. I deal with death every day at work and yet, the news of your husbands' passing was completely devastating. It has hurt us to our very core. I can't even imagine what you are going through. We keep reading the blog about his life and impact on other people. It makes us smile to see how many people he impacted in this world. Shimon sincerely wanted to get on a plane and be in new york, however, his back doctor nixed it.
Your husband was such an incredible man. It was evident in his children, his congregation and his wife. He literally glowed. You could see the riotousness in his face and entire being. I truly believe that he was put on this earth to be a figure of all that is good and noble in our faith. I remember coming to your home when our kids were young. Your husband would simply give the big kids a look, and before you knew it, they would whisk our kids off so that Shimon and I could enjoy our meal. In all of my 43 years of life, your husband is the only Rabbinic figure that has ever made me truly feel spiritual. Shimon and I have always considered him as "our Rabbi", even in San Diego.

You are such an amazing and strong woman. Your children are a reflection of the incredible partnership that that you shared with your husband. You have both been such a fabulous example of how to live life as a Jew. I can only imagine (knowing them) that they will be a source of support for you during this time. 

We are sending you our love and deepest sympathies. We pray that Hashem brings you comfort during this time and strength moving forward. We love you and offer you our support as well. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do.

Shimon and Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment